Sometimes we go out to eat, but most of the time we cook. I love that about life right now...always trying something new. Pinterest has only added to the addiction with hundreds of recipes that I want to try but shouldn't try because GOOD GOLLY they're all desserts. But, I stumbled upon a recipe for Bang Bang shrimp.
1 lb medium shrimp, peeled
vegetable oil, if frying
1/2 C mayo (I use Kraft Olive oil version)
4-5 tsp Sriracha sauce (or more if you really want the BANG)
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp rice vinegar
1 egg, beaten
1 C milk
1/2 C all purpose flour
1/2 C Panko breadcrumbs
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp onion powder
1. Combine all ingredients for sauce, consume right away.
2. Combine egg mixture, set aside.
3. Combine breading mixture, set aside.
4. Bread shrimp by coating with bread mixture, then egg mixture, then back to bread mixture. Arrange on a tray and place in fridge for 20+ minutes. (Helps breading to stick when frying)
5. Heat oil. Fry shrimp 2-3 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
6. Cover with sauce and enjoy!!!